Looking for something?
- RT @BleacherReport: Jimmy Fallon’s #KentuckyDerby2015 puppy prediction of #AmericanPharoah was correct ble.ac/1JIFJqZ http://t.co/G… 14 hours ago
- RT @nytimes: American Pharoah, who was ridden by jockey Victor Espinoza, won #KentuckyDerby2015 nyti.ms/1DLkuwC http://t.co/KdSP4JXF… 14 hours ago
- RT @FoodCorps: This is what happens when kids #TryThings. Help us get more trying things & get a magnet! foodcorps.org/donate http://t.co… 1 day ago
- RT @MatadorNetwork: Was Gabo an Irishman? a new book on the enigma of #GabrielGarciaMarquez's #Colombia - go to goo.gl/Bmw7UE - bi… 2 days ago
- Essmalia - shredded phyllo dough layered with ashta and rose water syrup. #Lebanese #dessert… instagram.com/p/2HJRt5nHU2/ 2 days ago
- Ajiaco ají Andrés Carne de Res Andrés D.C. arepa art Asadero El Motorista Bogota cuisine Bogotá brunch casual dining Chapinero Chia Chiguiro chocolate ciclovia cocoa Colombia colombian cuisine cuisine dining out El Motorista El Retiro empanadas events exotic fruits fast food food fruit juice fruits fruit stands Gastronomy green mango guanabana guest post hot chocolate La Candelaria La Macarena La Plaza de Andrés Las Margaritas Las Puertas del Cielo lunch market meatless mondays Mini-Mal Mundo Wok New York Times personal piqueteadero produce Proexport random recipe restaurant rice salad recipe road trip sandwiches See Colombia Travel Blog shopping street food Sunday supermarket Sutamarchán table manners tamal Titoté coconut concentrate tourism tropical Usaquen vegetarian cuisine weekend trip WSJ zapote Zona G Zona Rosa
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Hello! I’ll be up and writing again soon. Below is a picture that will hopefully excuse and explain my temporary absence:
In line with yesterday’s post about the cold weather in Bogotá, the paper broke the news today: The IDEAM (National weather people) predicts that it’s only going to get worse, and remain that way until mid-December. Cold, rainy, windy, humid, miserable…20 out of October’s … Continue reading
Chef Douglas Rodriguez prepared a nice peek into Nuevo Latino cuisine last week on his visit to Bogotá. The highlights were the three ceviches and dessert. This was the tasting menu from Friday night’s Nuevo Latino menu: TRIO OF CEVICHES … Continue reading
I first tried these suprisingly delicious sausages last summer when my neice and nephew were in Bogotá for a visit. We were only going to test the recipe and try a few – the rest were going to be saved for later, but they were so damn … Continue reading
Artist Margaret Dorfman uses everyday fruits and veggies to make these incredible works of art.
The NY Times reports that although China has been threatening to cut off U.S. chicken imports, their taste for chicken feet won’t ever let that actually happen. The article quotes Poultry economists and consultants (didn’t know they existed) and sites … Continue reading
Here’s a link to a web site where you can take a look at the really creative Edible Food Flag publicity campaign for the Sydney Food Fest. Each country has its flag made with foods typical to that country’s cuisine. … Continue reading